In the first several episodes of GCB, 154 companies have advertised on the show. Of those 154 advertisers, 112 advertised only one time. That's a 78percent withdrawal rate. OMM has contacted many of these; some block emails from our server from previous campaigns, but we have made a huge dent in sponsors. Also, by letting our voice be heard even the sponsors we did not contact directly did hear about the controversy and Christians' opposition to the program.
In addition, the TV network ratings for the current episode of "GCB" were down to their lowest yet -- coming in last place for its time slot against the other major networks. "GCB" viewership was down 21 percent from the previous week's episode.
During the recent episode there was a noticeable increase in ads for ABC programming and local businesses and a decrease in major corporate ads! Your work has had effect.
Don't be discouraged that many sponsors have not publicly declared disapproval of "GCB." The fact that many have aired only one commercial may be evidence that they are sending a strong message to Disney/ABC not to air their ads on "GCB."
The most recent "GCB" episode is more blasphemous than previous ones which included mockery with a church play, an accident with the cast member playing the Holy Spirit, and this resulted in the smashing of the church's stained glass window. Hopefully, "GCB" will be cancelled. This would be a major victory for God and all His people.
OMM must switch gears to another ABC program "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23." ABC's newest show is even worse than we anticipated, even outside the awful title it airs on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. /8:30 Central with a TV-14 DSL rating.
To give a rundown of the thirty-minute program:
• 7 scenes/segments containing visual depictions of sexual behavior or activity
• 12 scenes/segments containing discussions or dialogue about sexual behavior or activity
• 15 instances of foul language
• The show opens with June walking in on her fiancé, Steven, having sexual intercourse with her new roommate Chloe.
• June catches male friend masturbating
• Nudity- breasts and genitals blurred twice during program
A few quotes from the show:
• June: "I wrote a rap at Christian camp. It was called, Jesus is right, word!"
• Chloe: "We weren't really compatible genitally. Imagine trying to fit a cucumber into a coin purse."
• Chloe: "Oh, hey roomie! You're just in time for a little four-way action."
The program is primarily sponsored by movie previews and ABC promos.
Please send ABC and parent company Disney an email letter expressing your concern for the inappropriate content in their newest program "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23."
Monica Cole, Director