NOTICE:

This blog is about raising awareness about a Hate Group called One Million Moms. This is NOT a blog by One Million Moms! If you are posting here trying to contact them, they will not see it!
You WILL see their letters and posts here, as a way to make people aware of their agenda, NOT as a way to support their actions or beliefs!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My reply to OMM's Email Champaign Against GCB

As with all of their "campaigns" this most recent attempt to squash GCB includes a request for OMM members to flood the email servers with a pre-written email aimed at shaming the company in to removing support. And as with many other campaigns I have re-written this letter and sent it instead. I am including here both their prewritten version as well as the one that I have re-written and sent. Please feel free to use this letter either as it is written, or as a model to write your own. I do hope that you will make an effort to express your feelings on this matter to the SUN corp., Sprint, Old Navy and Warner Brothers -  contact information follows!

Here is the original pre-written email OMM is asking their members to send out.
As a parent and a member of OneMillionMoms.com, I am disappointed that your corporation has chosen to sponsor the ABC television show "GCB." I'm deeply concerned by your sponsorship of a show that openly ridicules the Christian faith, depicting its followers as vindictive hypocrites.

You have empowered the mocking of Christianity. From the show's offensive and crude original title, to the twisted use of sacred Scripture, to the explicit sexual imagery and themes, "GCB" is an assault upon millions of families and people of faith.

Do you really want your company name associated with a show that offends millions and ridicules their faith? 

Many corporations chose not to advertise on this program (one of the most perverse shows ever aired) because they didn't want their name identified with such a program.

If you continue sponsoring "GCB" I will do my best to tell my family and friends to include you on their "no shop" list. Please do the honorable thing and pull your ads from this offensive show.
And here is the letter that I have sent through the OMM automatic mailer system:
It has come to my attention that your company has been the latest target of the hate group "OneMillionMoms.com." This group has recently become best known for their stand against equality for homosexuals in the media stemming from JC Penny's choice of a homosexual spokesperson. Unfortunately however, this is not their own aim. OneMillionMoms has taken it upon themselves to censor television, magazines, radio and numerous other forms of entertainment.

I am not only a mother, but a consumer! And I am writing you to say that I do NOT agree with OneMillionMoms and their stance against GCB and it's advertisers. While OneMillionMoms has organization on their side, the fact is that they are a small portion of the population and do NOT provide an accurate portrayal of American Consumers.

I understand that this group has used their harassing emails and phone calls to coerce numerous other advertisers to stop advertising during this program, in an effort to force the network to stop airing the program altogether. I am asking you to disregard the emails and phone calls from this group as they have targeted this program out of a drive to censor entertainment and control the programing available for viewing. They do not represent the majority and they certainly do not speak for my family.

Many advertisers have chosen to give in to their tactics and remove their ads from this (as well as others) program. These advertisers have not gained anything by doing this as OneMillionMoms does not show wide support for companies which do this and often do not share the names of such companies with their followers. Instead, the companies that have chosen to side with this group have lost out on an opportunity to reach thousands of women and families with their message.

The program in question, in the case that you have not personally seen it, is a satire based program which aims to make light of the over the top "Christian Right." This show is NOT meant to be taken seriously and is not meant to be an honest portrayal of any group or faith. It is not offensive, nor is it "offending millions" as the vast majority of the shows fan base is, in fact, Christian.

I am a consumer, and I am asking that you disregard the tactics of this hate based group and continue to support ABC Television Network and GCB! The "honorable" think in this situation is to stand up for the consumer's right to choose their own entertainment without censorship!

Support my freedom! Deny OneMillionMom's request to stop advertizing your products and company during GCB air times!

Thank you,


Unfortunately, OMM has stopped openly publishing the contact information for the corporations they target. I assume they are doing this to prevent people from skipping their system. However, shortly after sending an email through their system I did receive an "I'm out of the office" email from Sprint's Corporate Office. So I know that even by using OMMs system, the emails are being sent to where they belong. As the contact information becomes available to me, I will post it here, however I urge you to use their email system in the mean time.

Sprint Corporation:
Michelle Leff Mermelstein, APR
Michelle.Leff@Sprint.com
(703) 928-3919
Twitter @michelleleff

Also feel free to contact:
Mark Elliott
Mark.J.Elliott@Sprint.com



No comments:

Post a Comment